Each year Division 52 presents two Outstanding International Psychologist Awards. One is given to a psychologist from the United States and the second is to a psychologist outside the United States. Individuals who have made outstanding contributions to international psychology through significant research, teaching, advocacy, and/or contributions to international organizations are eligible. Recipients are recognized at the Division annual meeting at the APA Convention.
Nomination materials are due by 5:00 pm EST, April 1, 2018.
Nominations should include:
- Coversheet with the nominator's name and contact information (email, telephone number); the nominees name, institution, email, telephone.
- A brief statement outlining why the nominee is being nominated. Nominees will then be contacted to provide additional background information as needed.
Recognition of the awardees will occur at the APA convention.
Division 52 Outstanding International Psychologist Award Recipients:
- 2017: Michelle Gelfand, PhD (USA, Juan Jose Sanchez Sosa, PhD (Mexico)
- 2016: Larry Gerstein (USA), Geoffrey Mark Reed (Switzerland; Mexico)
- 2015: Judith Gibbons, Ph.D. (USA), Janel Gauthier, Ph.D. (Canada)
- 2014: Shane R. Jimerson & Walter Lonner (USA); Abdel-Sattar Ibrahim (Egypt) & Peter B. Smith (United Kingdom)
- 2013: Michael Bond Hong Kong, China); Sarlito Sarwono (Indonesia)
- 2012: Fathali Moghaddan (USA); Michael Wessells (USA); Kurt Pawlik (Germany)
- 2011: Michael J. Stevens (USA); Narasappa Kumaraswamy (India)
- 2010: Oliva Espin (USA); Maria del Pilar Grazioso (Guatemala)
- 2009: Chris Stout (USA); Marilyn P. Safir (Israel)
- 2008: Ronald P. Rohner (USA); Ramadan A. Ahmed (non-U.S.)
- 2007: Kathryn L. Norsworthy (USA), Ronald H. Rozensky (USA)
- 2006: Gerard A. Jacobs, Ph.D. (USA) and Michel Sabourin, Ph.D. (Canada)
- 2005: Uwe P. Gielen (USA) and Fanny Cheung ( Hong Kong)
- 2004: Anthony J. Marsella (USA) and Ruben Ardilla (Colombia)
- 2003: Nancy Felipe Russo (USA) and John G. Adair (Canada)
- 2002: Harry C. Triandis (USA) and Susan Pick (Mexico)
- 2001: Robert F. Morgan (USA) and Elizabeth Nair (Singapore)
- 2000: Henry P. David (USA), Raymond D. Fowler (USA), Peter Merenda (USA), and Bernhard Wilpert (Germany)
- 1999: Frances M. Culbertson (USA), Florence L. Denmark (USA, Edwin A. Fleishman (USA), and Charles D. Spielberger (USA)