Call for Nominations to the Division 52 Board - Student Representative / Student Chair
Deadline February 15, 2018cThe Division 52 Nominations and Elections Committee solicits nominations for student elected positions on the Division 52 Board of Directors.
- Student Representative to the Board / Chair-Elect, Student Committee: Serves one year as Chair elect, one year as Chair, and one year as Past Chair for the Student Committee. In the Chair year, this individual serves as Student Representative to the Board of Directors. This is a new position beginning in 2019. Also new is that the Student Representative positions would be elected by students only (i.e., nominations are accepted from all Division members, affiliates and student members; however, the election will be by students only).
Nomination Guidelines and Procedures
The Student Chair-Elect position will begin January 1, 2019. All nominees must hold Student Affiliate Membership in Division 52. Individuals may be nominated or may self-nominate for a position.
Anyone nominated / self-nominated for a position must fill out a nominations form no later than midnight Eastern Time, February 15, 2018, which includes:
- Nominator contact information / Nominee contact information (required)
- A brief (i.e., no more than one page) description of the nominee's interests in and qualifications for a specific position (required)
- A copy of the nominee's curriculum vita (required - can be short form)
- Contact information (address / phone / email) for up to three individuals who are willing to serve as references if contacted by the Nominations and Elections Committee.(optional - may be requested later)
The N&E Committee will review nominations received and subsequently propose an election slate to the Division 52 Board of Directors. All nominees confirmed by the Board of Directors will be asked to provide a photo and a 250-word statement regarding why they seek the position, which will appear on the Division 52 website, and on the official ballot sent by APA to Division Student Affiliates*. NOTE: for this position, election will be by Student Affiliates of the Division (this is new for 2018).
In addition to meeting responsibilities that are under the purview of their specific position, all elected officers are expected to attend the Executive Committee (EC) meetings in August at the APA Convention (in person or remotely), the Mid-Winter meeting (in person or remotely), and regular teleconference calls. The two EC meetings also will be available via teleconference.
Nominations and Elections Committee
Craig N. Shealy, Past President and Chair
Merry Bullock, President
Jean Lau Chin, Past President (2017)
Nancy Sidun, President Elect